Sunday, January 12, 2014




Reflection:

                    "This is my beloved Son. My favor rests on him."  ("This is my beloved Daughter My favor rests on her") Today, Lord, I want to thank you for the gift of who I am.
You have called me from all eternity, named me, and graced me. For God, who said, "let light shine out of darkness," has shone in my heart, that I in turn might make known the glory of God shining on the face of Christ. This treasure I possess in an earthen vessel, to make it clear that its surpassing power comes from God and not from me. Truly you have formed my inmost being; you knit me in my mother's womb.I give you thanks that I am fearfully, wonderfully made; My soul also you knew full well; nor was my frame unknown to you. When I was made in secret, when I was fashioned in the depths of the earth. Your eyes have seen all my actions; in your book they are all written; my days were limited before one of them existed. How weighty are your designs, O God; how vast the sum of them!  (NAB - Catholic Publishers, Inc. 1971) 

No comments:

Post a Comment