Friday, November 19, 2010

Healing Of Memories

"May the God of peace himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be kept sound and blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do tis" ( 1 Thessalonians 5. 23-24)

Your whole spirit..." The great, mysterious work of the Holy Spirit is in the deep recesses of our being which we cannot reach. Read Psalm 139. The psalmist implies - "O Lord, You are the God of the early mornings, the God of the late nights, the God the mountain peaks, and the God of the sea. But my God, my soul has horizons further away than those of early mornings, deeper darkness than the nights of earth, higher peaks than any mountain peaks, great depths than any sea in nature. You who are the God of all these be my God. I cannot reach to the heights or to the depths; there are motives I cannot discover, dreams I cannot realize. My God search me." (My Utmost For His Highest - Oswald Chambers)

St. Augustine, in his Confessions (Bk 10) spoke of "the fields and vast palaces of memory" and "the huge court of my memory." The vast universe of inner being has its spiritual orgin in what we today "awareness" or consciousness." It is this St. Augustine called "memoria." In my awareness of myself, I know myself to be the same person who lived through a certain series of experiences - I answer to the same name; and the reason for this is memory. (Francis McNutt)

The great help in understanding the Healing Of Memories is that Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever. "I am the 'Alpha and the Omega', says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, The Almighty." (Revelation 1.8) Our life is an open book before the Lord. He can at any given time enter our memory bank and bring release from all kinds of unforgiveness and hurt. The memory will always be there but through the healing mercy of the Lord there will be given a new freedom to live life with meaning and hope.

Healing of Memory Prayer: (Sit quietly for a few moments and invite Jesus into your memory bank) Ask him to heal that which is keeping you in bondage to yourself and others. Don't strain and don't spend too much time looking for answers as to why this is happening. Just remain in an attitude of trust and let the good Lord bring you healing through His healing touch. Things may not change right away but in due time - there will be release.

Lord Jesus, I ask you now to walk into my subsconcious mind and heal the wounds of my inner child - the unloved child, the abandoned child, the abused child, and heal all the wounds of my childhood. Thank you Lord, for healing the wounds of my soul - the scars resulting from my own deliberate sins in thought, word, and deed. Cleanse and make me whole. Set me free Lord Jesus from all unforgiveness, bitterness and hatred. Let you divine Love and peace flood my soul. In your mercy Lord Jesus, bring healing to my body. Keep me faithful to your Love and steadfast in the daily tribulations of life. Let your perfect Will be fulfilled in me. Thank you Lord Jesus, my Shepherd and Divine Physician.

"I will go before and level the mountains. I will give you treasures out of the darkness." (Is. 45. 2-3)

To night there will be a Mass and Healing of Memories at Incarnation Catholic Church in Glendale. The Liturgy will begin at 7.00pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment